WE ARE NOW A BUCKET TRUCK REPAIR & ANNUAL INSPECTION CERTIFIED FACILITY!
Heavy-Duty and Speciality Equipment require proper and professional maintenance, repairs, and inspections. Here at KG Truck & Auto, we are now certified inspectors for the mandatory annual bucket truck inspection!
What do we look for in the mandatory annual bucket truck inspection?
- Safety and Operation Decals – OSHA requires Safety and Operational decals to be clear and readable, as it is very easy for them to fade and become hard to see.
- Oil Filters – Preventive maintenance is one of the most important, yet the most neglected services we see in these trucks. It is crucial to keep your equipment up to date on maintenance, or else you may experience high costing repairs that could be avoided.
- Hydraulic Oil Levels – Aerial Devices and Bucket Trucks are mostly hydraulic driven, so it is important to keep these levels maintained to prevent serious damage to the hydraulic system.
- Inspection of Winch Ropes – although winch ropes are checked daily, it is important to check these thoroughly during the annual inspection, because a visual inspection daily is not enough to determine the condition of the ropes. According to OSHA 1926.1413 standard, “The inspection must consist of observation of wire ropes (running and standing) that are likely to be in use during the shift for apparent deficiencies.”
- Rotation Bearing Torgue – Bearing damage is easy to come by due to all the force on the fasteners. It is crucial to check each bolt torque following the specifications to avoid unwanted damage.
- Rotation Bearing Deflection Test – Excessive deflation is a sign of internal wear on the rotation bearings. This step is as important as checking the torque of the bearings.
- Leveling Chain Tension Check – The chain tension should be within a certain threshold or else it could affect the bucket’s self-leveling and pose a threat to the operators. This is absolutely necessary to ensure the safety of operators using the equipment.
- Faulty Bucket Liner – Daily use can damage and affect the dielectric strength. It is important to make sure the truck is in compliance with dielectric standards by looking for cracks, dings, or other damage, that will affect its structural integrity.
Call or stop by KG Truck & Auto in Glen Burnie, MD for more information!